Who We Serve
- WORKS Receives Developer of the Year Award!
In the fall of 2016, the Southern California Association of Non Profit Housing (SCANPH) honored W.O.R.K.S. with its prestigious Homes Within Reach Developer of the…
- Teague Terrace Enriched Services Coordinator Dorothy Edwards Featured Online
The remarkable story of Dorothy Edwards, Enriched Services Coordinator at WORKS’ Teague Terrace community, is featured in the online Washington Philanthropy blog written by Bill…
Words That Inspire Us
Food for us comes from our relatives, whether they have wings or fins or roots. That is how we consider food. Food has a culture. It has a history. It has a story. It has relationships.
Who We Serve
- Families with Children (68%)
- Seniors (24%)
- Transitional Aged Youth (aged 18 -25) (1%)
- Individuals and Families with special needs, including formerly homeless veterans and others with special needs (6%)
- Persons with Developmental Disabilities (1%)
Most of the households we serve are families or seniors earning between 25%-50% of the area median income (AMI), which in Los Angeles County translates to approximately $22,525 – $45,050 in 2017 for a family of four or $15,775 – $31,550 for a single individual. The majority of our households do not rely on public assistance. Rather, they are low-wage workers or retired workers now reliant on social security who were spending between 50-70% of their income on rent or living in substandard and overcrowded conditions prior to moving into one of our developments.
Beginning in 2011, WORKS has been developing and managing housing that serves individuals with special needs for intensive supportive services, including formerly homeless transitional-aged youth, households with special needs including formerly homeless veterans and others with special needs, and persons with developmental disabilities. Our partner Housing Works provides intensive case management and connection to needed resources for each household in these developments.
Where We Focus
- Los Angeles County: 22 developments, 1447 affordable apartments
- Oregon: 2 developments, 100 affordable apartments